A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 22 March 2014

A return to Triple Time Stamping

I like this really neat technique, which exploits the 'halo' effect you get when you stamp over a paper mask. For this card, which is on a 6x6 square base, the stamping pieces were 5", 4" and 3", and the blue mats 51/4", 41/4"and 31/4".

I cut all the white pieces first, then stacked them up using a repositional tape runner on the backs.














 I stamped the flower, which used to be a wood mount, by Butterfly Kisses, called Sakura,
in Brilliance Pearlescent Blue.










In order to get the effect, you need to make sure some of your images are stamped over all three layers.


I added some random small flourishes in Versafine Majestic Blue.
 The blue matting layers were cut next, and each stamped panel added to its corresponding mat.
 A useful tip here is to write a letter 'T'  lightly at the top on the back of each stamped and matting layer as you separate them. Its very easy to get disorientated when  flipping them over to add tape, and it can be awkward to get them layered right, depending on what images you have stamped with.
Before attaching to the card blank, I wrapped some ribbon around the panel. the sentiment is an old Penny Black stamp, and was stamped in Versafine Majestic Blue again, then die cut with a Nestie, Labels 4,small,  and a mat layer cut with the next size up (large set). I added it over the ribbon with some small foam pads.
 I repeated the design for two more cards, both for Mothers Day.


















 This one was again stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Blue, this time I used a brighter blue matting layer.  The second card was stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Lavender, and a different scroll stamp used. The sentiment is die cut on the same Nestie die, just larger sizes.


Supplies:
White card for stamping
 Brilliance Pearlescent Blue and Lavender inkpads
 Versafine Majestic Blue
Matching cardstock for matting layers
Image stamp- 2 is best
Sentiment
 Ribbon
 Nestabilities Labels 4, large and small set


6 comments:

Alison Scott said...

Shaz, this is the best explanation if this technique I have seen. Thank you so much, maybe now I will be able to get a card made using it.
Love the cards you have shown.

Anonymous said...

I love this effect, must have another go at this. These are beautiful cards Shaz.
Lynn x

505whimsygirl said...

Very cool!

Hugs,
Kay

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

oo-er love this Shaz.. scrolling down throguh your blog :D Shaz in oz.x

Wendy L said...

These look gorgeous, so pretty.
Yes our window cleaner does the inside each time and i have him do outside 2 or 3 times a year.
xxxx xxxx

Shoshi said...

What a clever technique, Shaz! I've never seen this done before. Most effective, and very pretty.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, and I'm so glad you enjoyed reading about Mum's birthday party. We certainly had a lovely day! Unfortunately the bubble and squeak wasn't quite as delicious as I'd hoped, but my hubby loved it, so that's all right!

Feeling wiped out after all that effort, but it was well worth it. Mum really enjoyed her birthday.

Shoshi

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...