A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 9 April 2014

WOYWW #253

Nothing exciting on my blog of late, I have to confess that I have been working on something I can't show yet. A while ago, Glenda Waterworth, of Chocolate Baroque, did a DT call for new members, and while I didn't get chosen, she did get back to me and ask if I would be willing to do a guest DT post- which I thought was way cool. She wanted a project by 28th April, and knowing how I would get stressed about getting it perfect if I left it too close to the date, I got on with it. Anyhow, its done and e-mailed to her now, so when its going to be published, I will be letting everyone know, lol! So, on to the reason we are all here,(even if most of us are not all there!) is our regular meeting at our Head Deskers place, Julia at The Stamping Ground.
What is on my desk this week, is the Ink Palettes I bought, now complete with all the alcohol inks I have. A few missing, about 8 I think.
I had seen Tim say there were labels on the Ranger site, but when I went there I couldn't find them, so did my own. They look like little butterflies, which is ace, they are actually punched from sticky labels with a 4 leaf clover punch, I just cut the stem off, then coloured them with the appropriate ink off a cotton bud.The ones in the closed palette , on the far right side, are not Tim Alcohol inks, they are by Zig, and if I remember rightly, I bought them from Jenny, The Artistic Stamper. Funny thing though, yesterday on FB there was a post by Tim with a link to all the labels for  his product lines. Organise your Ranger Products- this is the link if anyone wants it. They are colour coded labels for all the inks/inkpads etc. Just print off onto a sheet of sticky labels- I have some A4 sheets divided into 4 labels I got from Staples which are perfect- and stick them on. I also did some little circle ones that I put on top of each ink bottle, to make finding them easier.

I thought it might be time as well to start colouring some of the Molly images, from Visible Image stamps,- knowing how long it will probably take me to get an image I'm happy with- for Merlins birthday card. So I stamped up a bunch, on different types of white card. Funny how inks 'take' on different card. The top two are Memento, on Neenah card, and are not as black as I would like. The next two down are Versafine, on 'Super Smooth A4 white card' from Samuel Taylors, picked up last year from the NEC, and they are a nice solid black. The three on the left are on Clarity Theuva card (the two images) and Clarity Silk coated card (the single image). Both in Versafine, and I have heat embossed these with clear detail powder. The bottom sheet is White Stamping card, from Hunkydory craft, I think it came from Crafters Companion, and the left image is Versafine, the right one Memento. It really is a bright white card, and on this one there is little to chose between the two stampings.The Versafine is still the darker one, but only just. So, I'm reasonably confident I can get at least one usable image out of all these,lol.

26 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Shaz well done on achieving guest spot over at Chocolate baroque - clever you! and wow look at all those re-inkers can see why they need organising.
Thankfully dont have that many, so dont need to be organised like that.. about first row and few more :D and they are all mixed - DI, alcohol Ranger, Stampin up, etc.. ie one two or three of each!! total about ten.
Have very mixed pads to not man of any of them. Prob Adirondack is most fav... agree on black is not always black too! Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #32

Helen said...

Enjoy your GD spot - look forward to seeing it! The organising looks a great idea - just takes a while to do, but well worth it. Have a great day. Helen 11

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

A friend of mine has a lot of those VI character stamps. That one is a favourite. I always enjoy seeing your product comparisons. Versafine is still my favourite black ink, no matter how long I've been a SU demo now!

MarkerGeek said...

Lots of yummy inks. I do love looking at bottles of colour - just such a happy sight!

Liking the image - looks like fun to colour. :)

~Elaine #57

Lunch Lady Jan said...

OOoh, look at all that colour coded gorgeousness! Is it wrong that I adore seeing things neatly arranged like that? Yes, I WAS that child that put the coloured pencils back in the tin in the correct order!! And I'm proud of it, lol!!
Hugs, LLJ 47 xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the guest DT spot (looking forward to it) and fab link! Much easier than applying the product to bits of sticker to make your own labels (id that with the DIs and it was a bit time consuming...) so will nip off to download that .
Gotta love WOYWW...
:)

Happy WOYWW!

Mary Anne (15)

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Shaz. Happy WOYWW day to you. I'm a returning WOYWW after almost a years break. Oh what is an ink palette for? does it stops the AI drying out or is it just a colour chart of sort? Congrats on the DT spot too and cant wait to see what you do...love that image you have stamped as well!
hugs
Annette In Oz #23

Krisha said...

Well done on the guest DT spot, good for YOU.

I have labeled all my ink pads with a colored sticker, but not my inks. I can see through the ink bottles but not the ink pads. Make any sense? lol

Happy WOYWW
Krisha #19

Unknown said...

Great labeling of your inks! You are definitely very organized. Your little images are cute! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N now #22

glitterandglue said...

Wey hey, Shaz - guest designer!! Well done you. Looking forward to seeing what you have produced. Brilliant for you - may it open the way for other things!
What a lovely lot of alcohol inks - glorious colours there - and so neatly organised. Oh boy, do I have a lot to learn!!
Have a really lovely week.
Margaret #25

Ann B said...

Well done on the guest designer spot, it may lead to a permanent team role in the future, look forward to seeing what you did.
For me Versafine is the 'must go to' ink pad, and the blackest. Nearly had a fit when my last one gave up the ghost and it cost me £40 to buy a new one. OK I did go to a craft fair and was tempted to buy quite a few other things as well so that's where the big spend came into it.
Happy WOYWW
Ann B
38

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Congratulations on that guest spot and I am looking forward to seeing what you have done for it. Don't forget that you can polish the finished work on the Clarity silk card, just with a piece of tissue and it comes up to a highly polished surface. I love all those little "butterfly" labels. Have a great week and don't work too hard. xx Maggie #30

Shoshi said...

Congratulations on being invited to be a guest team member - next best thing, eh! I love the look of your palettes. I have done one with my alcohol inks (a mixture of TH and another make, and not a complete set, but adequate for my needs) and the other with my Perfect Pearls (also not quite a complete set). They are so easy to use! I love the blender pen for the alcohol inks, and the control it gives. Nice as the alcohol inks are dabbed on with the felt applicator, I do prefer to be able to paint with them.

Thanks for your lovely comment - I was hoping to have progressed some more with the teabags but unfortunately I'm still sans-sewing machine. As for our naughty kitties, my poor hubby had to keep his eye on his plate lol! Anyone would think we never fed them.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #12

Christine said...

Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot.
you have been busy with all that labelling ... good job done.
Bishopsmate #86

Julia Dunnit said...

guest Designer? how fab..how well deserved!! chocolate baroque won't regret that, hope you're proud!
I am late to the party with the Versamagic, I really like the onyx Black, definitely over the memento. interesting innit, that all the white card sheets look totally different!

trisha too said...

Congratulations on your guest dt spot, that should be FUN!!

:)trisha
#13 this week with
fairies, a please, and
a thank you!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Look at all that organization happening! You'll find it so helpful when you get to playing with your stuff. I had to chuckle at all the different images you stamped up in search of the perfect image. That's too much like work for me! Judy #89

Andrea said...

im not taking part in WOYWW thsi week dint get teh time toi post today but still visiting my fav sites loving your palette and I ma definitely lusting over it and on my wish list , great idea re teh clover punch it looks great and much better than a standard label. hope we get to see teh outcome of your various stamping techniques and what comes out best. well done re guest DT spot and looking forward to seeing what you have created have a great week Andrea x

Chrysalis said...

Hi Shaz - sounds like you're having a ball there! Great idea to mark the bottle tops. Have a great week, Chris # 35

Karin said...

Well done on your GT with Chocolate Baroque.
Happy Wednesday,
Karin #94

Kyla said...

That's a good idea to put the little dots on top of the bottles. That stamp is adorable. Thanks for sharing your desk with us. Kyla#32

Kyla said...

Oh congratulations on the guest DT spot.

Loving your organised loveliness-very impressed!


Kyla (aka lil pidge!) #61

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I know I'm late and I'm very sorry been battling with a comuter issue lol!. Thanks for visiting me and your kind comments.
Pleased you found what you wanted at Country View Crafts, I think they are one of the best for the range of stock and speed of delivery.
Hope to see you next week, until then, Happy Crafting, Angela #64

Cardarian said...

Hi Shaz!
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! I see you have been very good at labeling your inks! I honestly rarely use alcohol inks but I guess I should do more often! I do have a nice collection of them! I can't wait to see what you have made for Chocolate Baroque! I like their stamps and have quite a few of them!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thanks for your visit today. I think Geoff would be quite shocked at how many people thought so much of him. I am frantically trying to get the van ready to go away for Easter, but there are still a few odd things missing, and the plants still keep coming through the door. I need a seriously organised plan. xx Maggie

Claire Grantham said...

Hey there Shaz, thanks for visiting me and for the tips. Sorry for the late visit. I could not live without versafine black ink! I love the palette organisation, very cool. Cx #25

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...