A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Still at the Christmas Cards.


Still plodding along here, and I'm swapping between two stencils at the moment. I moved over to doing some sparkly trees, using another Dreamweaver stencil, as I wanted to sprinkle them with glitter, and that meant I could use the 'off-gold' paste!




Both are done with the gold paste,and the glitter hides it nicely.



I've also done some white and silver ones.







I shall be adding some acrylic flat back gems as 'decorations' eventually.






 I'd swapped to doing the trees, as I was having trouble getting the NOEL stencil to come out cleanly. I kept getting paste go under one edge of the 'L'.




Anyway, I went back to it after a while, and tried again. I discovered the trick to this particular stencil is to drag the paste down from the top, rather than spreading across the stencil from left to right/right to left.


 Once I figured that out, it went much better. I also decided to leave the glittering of the snowflake till after the paste had dried, and go back to that bit. As you can see, no nasty smudged line anymore.













When the paste was dry, and I left them overnight by the way, I lay the stencil back over the design, and using a small piece of Cut'n'Dry foam, patted a little Flitterglue over the snowflake.  Removed the stencil and sprinkled the glitter over it.
This made it much easier to apply, without having to be so careful about it sticking to the edges of the letters either side.









I've also done some white, using the Aileenes Glitter Snow paste, crystal glitter and silver glitter again for the snowflake. These were easy to glitter all in one, as I did the crystal glitter first, then the silver.





6 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You're a one woman card machine! I like the gold pointy trees :-) xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Production line crafting at its best. Enough similarities to speed things up, but enough differences to keep from getting bored!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards.

Neet said...

Put a hole in the top of your Brusho's and use them like that to scatter/shake through. Saves you losing them if you knock them over and great for those starburst ideas. Get using them!
Hugs, Neet xx

Neesie said...

Whoa... you've been a busy bee. Gorgeous designs.
I've not even started to think about Christmas yet!
I'm sure we've only just celebrated Easter ;D
Enjoy WOYWW Neesie #31

Debs Willis said...

Love that Noel stencil, very elegant with the silver & white!
Debs xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...