A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 23 February 2015

Congratulations card.


Our friend who had the birthday kept me busy this week. On Friday, the day before his birthday, he passed his driving test at the first attempt. So, a dash upstairs to make a card!
 The background is a square cut from an old map book saved for this sort of thing.



 The 'L' plate is an alphabet stamp, from the same set as the Numerals used on the birthday card. Stamped in Adirondack Classic Cherry, then coloured with a Ruby Promarker.
 I sliced it in a curved half, to represent torn up 'L' -plates, with a scalpel. I did try cutting one in half with deckle edged scissors, but didn't like how it looked.
 The car keys are an old Quickutz die, the sort that got used with a Squeeze tool. I remember buying a few of these dies really cheap, when it was clear the Tool and dies were going out of fashion, once things like the Cuttlebug came along. I cut out two keys from silver card for the key part, and two from black for the fobs.
 I sandwiched the 'key' bit between one black and one silver 'fob' piece, and glued them together. Threaded them onto a key ring, and lay them with the black part of the fob at the front.
Attached the map, then the 'L'plate with foam dots. The keys were added with Pinflair glue gel when they were dry.
 Congratulations stamped in Classic Cherry again, and also mounted with foam dots.

1 comment:

Rita said...

What a great card Shaz. Love the idea of the keys, makes a great embellishment. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...