A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 25 February 2015

WOYWW #299

Well, 1 week away from the big 300- will next weeks edition be an epic production? Cue lots of bare chested Greek men in leather skirts, swinging swords left, right and centre and yelling 'This is SPARTAAAA!!!!!!' Or not, as the case may be.
 Anyway, apologies at the start for a photo heavy post, mainly of a very enjoyable weekend. As you'll remember, we were going down to Plymouth, and also visiting Shoshi while we were down there. Our friend, Rob, who's birthday we went down for, also managed to pass his driving test on the Friday, so I had a card to make for that too! Men! Both cards are in the previous posts.
Rob is the guy sitting in front of Doug, we were at an Asian all you can eat buffet, so there are a few people missing from the table, refilling plates, lol. Rob was under the impression it was just him and his girlfriend going for the meal, so when he walked in and saw us all there his face was priceless.
Earlier in the day, we had arrived in Torquay, to go and see Shoshi.











We had a short trip around the shops first, and Doug spotted a really interesting shop, full of fabulously gothy stuff. They also had handbags, but I was very good and left without any more. Which showed remarkable restraint on my part, I might add.

However, I did have to have this clock for my wall.



And these coasters, which I will seal before they get used.






 Shoshi and her Hubby were lovely people, it was a pleasure to have met them. We had a smashing couple of hours before we had to head off to Plymouth. I got to see Shoshi's ArtHaven, and discovered as well as  being sisters in bowel cancer, we are obviously separated at birth Really Useful Box twins!

Sharing cakes and coffee.



The great part of meeting WOYWWers in the flesh is that there's no initial awkwardness, no difficult silences. Its meeting people who have become real friends over the months and years they've been taking part in this wonderful blog hop, and for that, like everyone else, we love you Julia. You've given us all an amazing group of friends that just keeps getting bigger.



 When we got to our Travelodge for the night, we discovered the restaurant was literally a 5 minute walk away- out the hotel, across one road, walk 20 paces, cross another road, walk 10 paces and we were there. Which was probably a good thing, as I may have consumed my own body weight in Long Island Iced Tea. Not my fault, it was cheaper to buy it by the jug! But Beloved Hubby did help me drink them.


We were going to visit somewhere on the way home on Sunday, but it started raining as we left Plymouth, and poured down the whole way back to the Midlands.


On Monday this package arrived. I'd ordered some re- inkers for my Marvy inkpads, and a few new pads too, from Kevin Nakagawa, of Stampscapes. I've rarely been able to find the pads over here, and never the re-inkers. As it was $23 shipping, I emailed Kevin and asked if he had a rough idea how many pads/reinkers I could get in the box for the shipping cost. Later the same day I got an email back, he'd sat down with the box, pads and reinkers, and worked out exactly how many would fit in, and various combinations! How's that for customer service? I'd been email chatting to him a few weeks ago, about the Adirondack line being discontinued, and mentioned that I was watching all the You Tube lessons he's done, as I was spending a lot of time having a lie down, being tired after radiotherapy for bowel cancer. At the time he answered, wishing me well, and telling me he had a friend going through the same treatment for the same cancer right now. When he emailed me the info on the shipping, his email opened with a question about how I was doing now, how my treatment was going, and hoping that I was starting to feel better. Aren't crafters the most wonderful people?

 
So, in the box, a few inkpads, reinkers and a 10 pack of stylus tips. I could have got more in, but was worried about getting stung for import duty over here, so kept it sensible.











 He also included a whole bunch of the printed postcards he has done from the finished article in the video lessons.

And on the back, they have  a short description of how the scene was stamped and coloured.
 Ok, I'm done.I'll set you free now to go join in the WOYWW link-up at Julia's place, The Stamping Ground.

28 comments:

Helen said...

I used to love watching Kevin's videos. haven't seen any in a while. What a lovely man he is.

Glad you had such a good time catching up with Shoshi and your friends. Helen , waiting for the link!

Neet said...

Ooh, envy at those Stampscape pictures - what a wonderful tool they must be for you with having instructions on the back.
Thanks for the picture of you with Shoshi, it is lovely to see what people look like so that you can picture them when you write on their blogs.
As for that clock! Well, it was made for you wasn't it! Love the coasters too.
So glad you had a great weekend, when you look at it you did so many things.
Hugs, Neet (who has never had a LIIT but has heard of them - must treat myself some day) 24 xx

Anne said...

What a great weekend you had and then home to goodies to play with! Great photo of you with Shoshi and her DH. How lovely you got to meet her. Anne x #29

Debbie Rock said...

That clock sure had your name on it ... but it is just lovely I have to say! Glad you met Shoshi ...yes, Juila has a lot to answer for and how wonderful she gives us this opportunity each week! I can see lots of inspiration for you in those post cards Shaz but think yours are equally as good ... having seen yours for real I think you could have your own line of postcards! Happy WOYWW'ing dear friend. xXx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Wow! What a lovely response to your emails - and how gracious - he remembered you, thought to ask how you are doing, and wishes you well - not to mention sitting down with the scales!!! Not too many folk around who would go to such trouble. I am about to send a huge consignment of knitted dolls out to the States, and have had incredible service and help from our local Post Office. Brilliant, isn't it?
I am so very glad you and Doug had such a good time with Shoshi and Nicholas. They are a great couple, aren't they? Lots of fun. We spent a couple of hours with them just after they moved into that home - just before mum moved in - it was so precious to see Nicholas caring so much for Shoshi. Have fun with all those scenes - they are amazing.
Take care. god bless.
Margaret #11

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah dear Shaz ... what blessing to have good friends and loving family.... let alone crafty folk overseas who you've never met!
I love your clock and can so see why you would too! well done on the cards made below ... and meeting up with Shoshi and hubby!
Have conversed with Kevin and he has done the same.. have some of those lovely tools too.. he is very caring and generous.
Mind you have not bought any for years now.
Praying for you in everything for the LORD's blessing upon your treatment.
happy WOYWW
Shaz in Oz.x #34

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

sandra de said...

Amazing customer service and how lovely to have the cards with the technique from the master himself. Lovely to see pics of you and Shoshi, it really is like a big global crafty family. Stay well and always in my thoughts.
sandra de @37

Lisca said...

I'm so glad you had a good time with Shoshi. You are no doubt a great support.
Don't worry about photo heavy posts. I love looking at photos and even my slow internet connection can cope with it.
I've not seen any of Kevin's videos but I will check them out. He sounds really nice.
Have a great week,
Lisca#25

MrsC.x said...

what great customer service :) can always tell a true crafter over a shop keeper.
hope that you are keeping well
Happy WOYWW
love Mrs C.x #30
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/woyww-february-25th-2015.html

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

How lovely was that? What a nice man. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Meeting other bloggers is such fun.

Fiona #35

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a lovely post, full of happiness and good things :-) love the clock, I've got a hare version!! And how lovely of the bloke to sort out your package and remember who you were and ask how you're getting on. That sort of thing gladdens the heart.
I'm so goad that you met up with Shoshi and were able to reassure her about the whole process....after all, you're further down that path and are doing amazingly. You're a fab person and don't you forget it!!!
Hugs, LLJ 27 xx

Christine said...

What a happy post although you have been busy. Love those scenescapes .... just love the whole post!
Thank you for sharing.
Christine
Bishopsmate #43

My name is Cindy said...

Gosh I am so slow today. Took me to the end of the post to realise why you were talking about barechested Greeks... Sounds like you had a good weekend and always nice to come back to happy mail!! Like the clock as well - but no handbags? What's wrong? LOL. Sending hugs, Cindy x

Marit said...

Such a lovely post Shaz, with so much to read and see. I love the clock.. and are you trying out all the techniques/instruction that are on those cards? Seems like a lot, but fun! Enjoy! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #41

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

It looks like you had a great time visiting with Shoshi on your trip. It is amazing how we can find others just like us on the internet so much easier then real life. I love all my internet friends! Have a creative week:) Shel-PaperOcotilloStudio #51

Krisha said...

Hello Shaz, thanks for the comment this week.

Glad you scored on the clock, that is beautiful and all the Happy Mail post cards!!!! They are a real treasure.

Sounds like you had a great weekend out and about and getting to meat Shoshi had to have been the highlight of the trip. Ye, meeting WOYWWers face to face is really amazing.

Take care my friend.
Krisha #1

Unknown said...

I can only imagine if I got to meet all the deskers in person - it would be like greeting my tribe members. Love your gorgeous coasters today! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

sandysewin said...

How wonderful that you got to meet another woywwer in person!

Love those stampscapes, just beautiful.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice comments. :-)

Happy creating and happy woyww,

Sandy #34

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I've heard so many wonderful things about Kevin Nakagawa and this is just one more story to show what a wonderful person he is. Great new purchases and how exciting to get a box stuffed to just the right amount of stuff and all those scrumptious samples too. Pretty coasters! Judy #67

Lucy said...

Wow , what a lovely selection of stash you have there. Glad you were able to get out and meet folk. Friends are wonderful to have and share with. Have a great week, lucy # 8 x

Kristiina said...

Love those card samples...I'm having trouble getting the DI reinkers I could use, and they are probably much more stocked than other brands. Glad you got yours, the mail costs across the atlantic are quite horrid!

Thanks for your visit earlier!
Kristiina

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh blimey...long island ice tea....what a gallant your DH is!
So glad you managed to see Shoshi, what a fab network you Deskers create. am super impressed by Kevin and his service, isn't that exactly what you hope for when you make first contact?!

Julia Dunnit said...

I forgot to congratulate you on your handbag restraint..oh my word. but hey, a clock and a set of coasters instead...totally can live with that. I'd have picked that clock out for you!

Chrysalis said...

What a lovely, happy post, Shaz. So glad you had such a great weekend, and what a lovely package to receive. Have a really good week, hugs, Chris # 21

Shoshi said...

What a lovely post, Shaz. All that great new stash, and that beautiful, beautiful clock! After your busy weekend, I am not surprised you are exhausted. Thanks for sharing such kind words about our lovely time together, and the great photos too! We are sooo glad you came - meeting up was such a great thing to happen just before going into hospital - a real high spot! Thank you so much for all your help and advice too.

Thanks for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you enjoyed meeting our kitties too! Good news on the Mum front - she's gone! After a very difficult a.m. and arrival at the home with my hubby and sister, when my hubby left her, she was actually smiling!!!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #42

Kristiina said...

Thanks for the tip on the DI refills, I found the Mowed Lawn I've been wishing for!
Kristiina #17

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

It's been too long that I've stopped by and realize, with embarassment, that it indeed has been way too long. Thank you for the reminder of what wonderful people crafter's are and how we aren't strangers to each other at all!

I hope your chemo is going as well as possible and that you are feeling/seeing a good outcome for it. Sorry to hear that Shoshi is also going through the same thing. Bless you both.

I drink iced tea all the time and have had an "adventure" drinking Long Island iced tea before. Yep, it would be easy to put a pitcher away but oh, I wouldn't be able to walk!

I'll keep you and Shoshi in my prayers.

PS Great purchase and wonderful customer service!

Hugs,
Kay

Carmen said...

I can honestly say that it's thanks to WOYWW that I have some of the best friends that I have now. Isn't it amazing?

What wonderful customer service you got, I haven't heard of him but the postcards are beautiful - I will have to look him up on YouTube.

Thanks for stopping by to see me already :)

Carmen x #46

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...