A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 6 May 2015

WOYWW #309

Bit of a boring desk this week-just a mass of alcohol inked card, ready to become ATC's. Yes, I know the crop is next weekend, and yes, I do know I'm cutting it  a bit fine.

Quite an assortment of colours, and I do enjoy playing with alcohol inks. Generally, you have no real idea of what you'll end up with, and quite often something that looks particularly awful will come to life with the right image stamped on it. Many is the piece which was destined for the bin has been saved by the perfect image. Actually, this post is the result of a sudden panic- I'd spent all day thinking Tuesday was Monday!
 All this activity, of course is for our regular Wednesday meetup at Julia's place, The Stamping Ground. 


The other thing on my desk this week is two of the new colours from Tim for the Distress inks line, Mermaid Lagoon and Fossilized Amber. I do think that blue is glorious, almost better than Salty Ocean.












And I did manage to get the Wedding card finished- and it came out pretty much how I saw it in my head, which I always see as a bonus! After the card has been given, which is next weekend, I'll post the 'making of' pics and write-up.
 Finally, I got a phone call yesterday from my surgeons nurse, to say I had been discussed in this weeks MDT meeting, and that he's made an appointment for us to see him on Thursday afternoon. So tomorrow we will know if this chemo has been successful, and if its on to the next step, the surgery. I'm quietly hopeful that it has, as on Friday we already have an appointment to see the Oncologist, for a final check after the chemo,and I'm thinking that if more chemo was needed, I'd just be seeing him, the surgeon wouldn't have squeezed me into the clinic at short notice. So fingers crossed, not that I'm excited about the idea of the surgery, but I really want to get this done now, so I can start getting back as close to normal as I'm ever likely to be.
                                                                                                                                                                                 


27 comments:

Shoshi said...

I absolutely love that black and white card, Shaz - it's so stylish and sophisticated! I was toying with the idea of getting the new distress inks but have the full compliment of 48 and wondered if the colours would actually be that different from what I'd got, but after what you have said, I'm beginning to wonder! Anyway, it's academic, because I've got to get my mojo back before I start buying more stuff lol!!

It sounds very much as if progress is being made on the cancer front for you - as you say, the surgeon wouldn't want to see you for nothing, would he! I do hope the news is good on Thurs. and I shall be thinking of you.

I should hear something in the next few days, calling me in for a chat about my upcoming treatment, which should be starting pretty soon. I don't relish it AT ALL but the sooner we start, the sooner it will be over.

Shoshi

Shoshi said...

PS Meant to say - love the alcohol ink backgrounds! I did a whole lots at once, a while back, and they turned out great. The trouble was, I came away feeling as if I'd had one too many - the fumes went to my head!!

Shoshi

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love that wedding card! So sophisticated....just like me....hahahahahahahahaha..... sorry, I made myself laugh there :-)
Fingers crossed for the meeting tomorrow but like you say, the surgeon wouldn't want to see you unless there was something to discuss. Keep in touch.
Hugs, LLJ 2 xx
PS Noraml? YOu??? Hahahahahahaha......

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Normal, even!

sandra de said...

Wishing you all the best for your meeting with Surgeon. Love the wedding card ....always stunning how they come together.
Sandra de @32

BJ said...

I'm dying to get hold of the new TH coloured inkpads but as I'm not doing that much crafting I'm still holding out for the sets of the new little ones - Happy WOYWW - BJ#35

Kristiina said...

I'm waiting for the new lime colour, since I mix green and yellow all the time... Hope your treatments have had the necessary effect! Happy woyww :)
Kristiina #14

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your wedding card, and it's always nice when it comes out the way we envisioned it. I just finished one last night for a wedding this weekend, but will not post it until later. Happy WOYWW! #41

Christine said...

Hi
Christine here - love that card, so elegant and different.
Keeping you in my prayers especially for tomorrow's meetings.
Have a good week
Christine

Bishopsmate #42

Artatag said...

Wonderful card Shaz! These 2 new colours look very nice, I was thinking about them also, esp. the blue.
Good news from the hospital, I think. Successful chemo is great! I keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out fine!
Thanks for your visit dear!
Happy WOYWW!
Hugs
Gabriele 15

Annie said...

Hi Shaz. I'm sending you lots of really positive vibes for tomorrow and am hoping it's really good news. I love the look of the ATCs in progress and the wedding card is really gorgeous.
I am planning to send ATCs to those going to the crop so you can have one on the day and am sending a stamped addressed envelope for anyone wanting to swap with me but please don't feel you have to....it's just what I am wanting to do as I am unable to go this year.
Hugs,
Annie x # 13

MrsC.x said...

love the back grounds. everything crossed for you for tomorrow love all the best.
Happy WOYWW
thanks for sharing have a great week
Charlie x {Mrs.C} #5
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/woyww-may-6th-2015.html

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love your card, so elegant. Looking forward to seeing you at the crop. Hope all goes well Thurs.Take care Zo xx 53

My name is Cindy said...

Oh well at least you have staredted your ATCs, I might be better employed getting that done than fannying about on the pc.... gorgeous card, love the slope shape - is that a die? Fingers crossed for Thursday. See ya SOON!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #38

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely wedding card, I should be making one now but it will have to wait! I keep seeing the new inks but haven't got any yet, we'll see. Love the papers you've done they look gorgeous. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 23

Anonymous said...

The wedding card is stunning and only you could call such a pretty pile of colour "boring!" I just want to dive in a riffle thru them. Yummy.

Yes, crop day is getting close and I am looking forward to it for sure.

Oh and love that blue. How did we ever create before Distress ink?

Happy late in the day WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

Sue Jones said...

The background for your ATC's look great . So do those new colours - I have my eye on the new greeny one.
Soojay 3#

Kim said...

I so wish I could join you at the swap. I love all the backgrounds, I know your ATC's will be stunning. And I just got my Mermaid and Amber colors yesterday too...cant wait to play with them. Happy WOYWW!
-K #53

Helen said...

Love the wedding card, and well done with the pile of atc bases!! I find those the easy bit, then it's the "tarting up" I struggle with.. hope I've done enough... Good luck with the meeting, will keep my fingers crossed. Helen 6 - thanks for your visit before.

glitterandglue said...

Every blessing tomorrow, Shaz. I trust your appointment goes well. we will be praying for you both tomorrow.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret (glitterandglue)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That wedding card is glamorous! And as an added bonus it matched what you though up (always a plus). Love the pile of alcohol inked backgrounds. You are right that when combined with the proper bits the ugly ducks can be transformed into beautiful swans!! Good luck with the doctors!! Judy #60

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous card! I have been looking at the Mermaid Lagoon - will probably get some on Saturday! Things are looking up hopefully - Good Luck!! Chrisx 49

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Beautiful elegant card. Love the blue. I'm thinking it's similar to Pacific Point. Hoping all goes well. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts xx

Fiona #48

Neet said...

Love the wedding card - so classy! Interesting AI backgrounds - I find I am not using mine as much these days but I thought of doing a workshop on them pretty soon. Got the lesson plan all ready from one a few years ago.
Hope today was a good day and you are now buzzing with joy.
Hugs, & Thanks for your visit - Neet 22 xx

Lisca said...

Isn't it great when a card comes together just like you imagined it! It looks very sophisticated. Well done you.
Today is Thursday. I do hope you have got good news on the health front. Get it all done and behi d you as quick as poss.
Thanks for your visit to my blog.
Have a great week.
Lisca

Kyla said...

Hope it went ok?

Not even started my ATC's...but will have them made ready to swap with you next weekend!

Kyla

stampinganja said...

Hope you will get good news!!
The wedding card is stunning!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...