A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Friday 15 April 2016

Some white on white for a change.




This card is another inspired by one spotted on Pinterest.
This is my version, with the addition of a pale yellow with white spots Organza ribbon, just to make it pop.

The centre panel is again made from the Butterfly Border embossing folder.







 

 I'd done a few,  testing out the sandwich required, and it seems a waste not to use them.



 A couple are on paper, and the others on card. I picked one of the pearl white cardstock ones, and trimmed it down to the card height, which in this case is a folded A4 sheet.






The border strips, of which there are two each side, are made with a Spellbinders die set, called Shapeabilities On The Edge.
It was very good value, as it contains 9 different edges, and the dies are made so that you can extend the length to whatever you need.




The first border I cut was with the 4th from the right, the eyelet one.
 I trimmed two strips of the same pearl card, and ran through the bug, extending the cut to the same length as the panel.


Then I chose the 3rd from the right to make the second border with.This one was slightly trickier to line up when I came to extend it, but it worked out fine.







So now I had my two border sets and my centre panel. A strip of  DST down each side of the panel, and the eyelet pieces were put in place. The panel was lined up to the embossed line that is produced by the die.




Then another strip of DST, this time down the back of the eyelet piece, and the waveform border was stuck down.

























Once the second border had been added, I die cut the sentiment with a Britannia Dies set, Christmas and Birthday set, Small. Another great value set, as you get a Christmas and Birthday sentiment together. The dies are half an inch, or 14mm high, which is a really useful size.
 Stuck this down with a Quickie glue pen. At this point I decided it was just too lacking in colour, so added the ribbon to brighten it up slightly.
 And here is the Pinterest card that inspired me, and the original post on SCS by Susi B.


3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Okay, you are getting into it thick here, Shaz. Repeating border cutting. Ugh, gives me a headache. You deserve a masters degree now. lol Lovely cards, I only do white at Easter and Christmas, if then. You have to have a great design to pull them off, but I believe you have one there. xoxo

Barb said...

A beautiful white on white card. The butterfly panel is gorgeous and those edge dies look very useful. I'm following you. Barbxx

Debbie Rock said...

LOVE white on white but am never happy with the results I get ... must give it another go sometime because I really do love what you have done there Shaz. xXx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...