A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Thursday 4 August 2016

Lavinia stamps in Jo's Bubbles

Quite a while ago now I installed a widget called ' You may also Like' which shows up at the bottom of each post. I don't know how useful visitors find it, but it does serve me as a memory jog for things I (may) have started a while ago and never finished,(who, me?) . These stencils are a perfect example of that memory jog.

The stencil itself is called 'Jo's Bubbles', and is available from Clarity Stamps. The two cards I've made here don't actually use the green & yellow one, I did stamp it, but I'm not happy, so that's been put to one side while I figure out if it's retrievable or not. But I did have another in blues and purples, a paler one, so I've used that.

First off, a selection of stamps to use. I knew I wanted to use both the Moon Fairy and the Circle of Stars in the large circle, so thought a bit of masking might be in order.






Stamped onto a Post-It note, second attempt as the first time I forgot to make sure the stamp was over the sticky bit!


She's only roughly cut out as the masking wasn't a critical thing to get right.








Stamped and masked, ready for the Circle of Stars.





The circle of stars added.  By the way, the fairy was stamped in Blueprint Sketch DI, and the Stars in Wilted Violet DI.
 I'd already decided I'd add these to this months Lavinia Stamps Challenge, which is ' No Black', and me not being able to use black is a bit like TH not being able to use brown, lol.







Came out OK in the end.





A few more stamps added- the circle directly below the Fairy has the Large Orb stamped in Shaded Lilac, further down, the circle with the Toadstool in it has the medium Orb stamped in Stonewashed Adirondack. The circle to the left of the fairy has the smallest Orb stamped in Purple Twilight Adirondack.
 Wilted Violet came back to stamp the small fairy, small toadstool and the star clusters that are dotted around the outside. I carefully used one of the small stamp cluster to add some stars into the small circles, along with a single leaf stamped in a few in Stonewashed again.
 I put this aside to dry and started on the second one.
I've oriented this one differently, with the largest circle top right. The colours are much softer too.
The Bunnies are stamped in Dusty Concord, and I used a couple of bits of Post-It to stop it going outside the circle. Some Small Mushrooms were stamped in Sailboat Blue Adirondack, next came a Dandelion Head in Shaded Lilac, again the edges were masked.








Some small birds stamped in Wilted Violet and the Star Cluster and small Orb stamped in Seedless Preserves DI.  I added a larger star in Stonewashed. This star if from a set of Lavinia Stamps that were free with a magazine a while ago. Looking at it a bit later, I thought the Bunnies circle needed something, so I masked around it again, then just stamped a portion of the Trailing Ivy stamp, using Versafine Spanish Moss.

 Finding cardstock to matt the images onto- again I can't use my goto black!

Once matted and mounted onto a 7" square card base, I added the sentiments to an open corner- both are from Lavinia Stamps. The You touch the dream one stamped in Versafine Imperial Purple, the Secrets one in Versafine Majestic Blue.
 Final touch for the Bunny card was a butterfly embellishment in the opposite corner, with a couple of acrylic gems stuck to his antenna, then some Crystal Stickles dotted on the stars and the dandelion head.



For the Moon Fairy card, a dragonfly was added, and given a coating of Stardust Stickles.The same Stickles were added to the fairies wings and dotted onto the stars.











Recipe:
 Stamps- All Lavinia Stamps:
 Moon Fairy Card
Moon Fairy, Fairy Orbs (set of 3 sizes),Small fairy-A set of three, Stars cluster- Stars1,
 Circle of Stars, Small Toadstool, Secrets are Hidden quote.

 Bunny Card
Midnight Meandering, (2 bunnies),Medium Orb,Dandelions,Small Mushrooms, Birds,
Creeping Vine, Star Cluster 1,You touch the dream quote.

Inks:

Adirondacks: Stonewashed,Sailboat Blue & Purple Twilight.

Distress Inks: 
Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves & Blueprint Sketch.

Versafine:
Majestic Blue, Imperial Purple, Spanish Moss.

Stickles:
Crystal, Stardust.

Stencil:
 Jo's Bubbles, Clarity Stamp.

4 comments:

Kyla said...

Lovely card shaz
The widget doesn't show on my mobile but probably does on the laptop.
Kyla

Helen said...

I love the bubbles, and your finished card is fabulous!

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, but obviously the bunny one is my favourite! Cara x

Sofie V said...

I love the bubble cards you made! Have a great weekend!

Greetings, Sofie
http://sofie-s-world.blogspot.be/

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...