A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 5 September 2016

Christmas Bauble Cards & Visible Image stamps.

Two cards in this post, mainly because I forgot to photograph some of the steps for the one card, so it'd be a bit of a short post!
 Anyway, we'll start with the Blue Bauble card first.






 First off I die cut a bauble shape, using Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2010, and using the largest die.




 To get the blue bauble matt for it, I drew around the outside edge of the largest bauble, then cut it out by hand.


Next, the stamp. I used Visible Images Winter Scene stamp, and inked it up in a blue pigment ink.
 This is the image:



I did mask off the one set of border lines with some sellotape before I inked it, then removed it before I stamped.



This is how the image stamped out, and now I wanted to continue the image a little, so I added some more ink with a brush to the top and bottom, and extended the night sky on both sides too.




You can see a difference in the ink, but that won't show at all when it's finished.I put this aside to dry for a while, and started on the second bauble. this is the one I forgot to photograph.



The  Bauble was cut using Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011, which is a longer bauble than the 2010 version.
I created the matt for it in exactly the same way as for the previous one.This one uses a new stamp set released a few weeks ago,Winter Wonderland Set.
 I stamped the treeline stamp twice across roughly the widest part of the bauble, then stamped Santa & Sleigh above them. using the smallest of the trees, I scattered them lower on the bauble. All were stamped In Versafine Onyx Black. I also added a little shadow below the treeline with a dry baby wipe & some black ink.
Both baubles were now covered in double sided adhesive film, and sprinkled with Glamour Dust.





Now for the card bases. I've used 6x6" bases, and embossed a panel for the front of each one. Behind the Blue bauble I used the Crafters Companion  'Sunbeams' folder, centering the card in the middle of the sunburst. For the other card, I used an older Cuttlebug folder, called Snowflakes. The Crafters Companion one is an 8x8" folder, but the Cuttlebug one is much smaller, I'm guessing A5, so I had to do it multiple times to cover the sheet, but it worked just fine. I found if I used a different sandwich, replacing the top 'B'plate with sheets of card, it was still enough to emboss, but not enough to leave edge lines.

 The embossed pieces were added with DST,then the baubles with Pinflair Glue Gel, which should hold better on the uneven embossed surface. I stamped another Visible Image stamp,Miracle Of Christmas, onto a scrap of white card, then added that to the bottom right with some more silicone glue. Final touch on both cards was a ribbon bow, white for the one and pale blue for the other.








Recipe:
Stamps, all Visible Image:
Winter Wonderland Set
 Winter Scene
 Miracle of Christmas
 Verafine Onyx Black
 Blue inkpad
Glamour Dust
 Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
 Embossing folders of choice.

1 comment:

misteejay said...

Such beautiful Winter scenes. Lovely cards Shaz.
Toni xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...