A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Friday 2 September 2016

Visible Image Birthday Card for a Guitarist/Music Fan

 Quite quick and simple, and in basic black and white, which I always love working in.
 The 7x7" base card was covered in some music print vellum, and attached in the four corners with star brads.



Next off, the guitarist from Visible Images 'Rock Out' set was stamped in Archival Black, onto a piece of white card. I trimmed this down to about two thirds of the width of the card front, then matted it onto some black card.

 The Guitar, Music Speaks,  I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black. I wanted to heat emboss this, so before inking my stamp with the Versafine, I inked it with Versamark. Then when the Versafine goes on top, it stays wet long enough to heat emboss.



 I embossed it with clear detail powder, then trimmed it to be slightly longer than the Guitarist panel and matted it onto black again.

 The Guitarist panel went onto the front of the card,after I'd stamped the greeting, from Go To Words Set 1 alongside it.
 I added the guitar panel to the left over the top of the first panel.


Stamps:
 All Visible Image:
Rock Out set
Music Speaks
Go To Words set 1
Versafine Onyx Black
Archival Black
Versamark.
Clear Detail E.P.
Backing paper.
Black card
White card.
























This version of the card I made for Dougs birthday. The Guitar in this case is a stamp from a company called Dimension, who used to be Dimension Fourth. It's much more an outline stamp, and I coloured it in using  Distress Markers, then threw Clear Detail EP over it. The sentiment on here is from a Phill Martin set,Scribbled Sentiment Corners. The panels in this card were matted onto dark red, then black card.


I'm going to add here a discovery I made whilst writing these posts, quite accidentaly. I double clicked on a picture, and the standard 'free transform' box came up around it. Don't know how long that feature has been there, but loving being able to change the image size without being restricted to the small medium large option we've always had.






1 comment:

misteejay said...

Two super cards Shaz.
I didn't know about the new feature - will have to go and have a "play" when I have a spare moment.
Toni xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...