A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 29 February 2016

Masterboards

As I can't yet show the cards I was making up the other day, being Mothers Day cards, I decided I'd have a play at some masterboards, with the intention of making some more mosaic cards. Distress Inkpads were used, mainly Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade,Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean,Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio.




      The overstamping was done with an array of assorted stamps, some images, some texts, using the same colours as I'd sponged the backgrounds with.  

I love the visual impact of mixing reds/pinks and oranges!

This is the one I'm least happy with, the sponging didn't come out as I'd intended, but I'm going to be cutting them up/punching out squares, so it won't matter. 
I was sponging using those egg shaped latex sponges, and the jury is still out on whether I like them or not.I was also working off a mylar sheet, and thats another thing I'm not sure about. I get the whole' uses less ink' thing of a mylar sheet, and being able to come back to it and use the remaining ink on the sheet a few days later, but I don't ever do that. Nor can I see me ever doing it. I'm usually doing a few backgrounds at once, so keep cleaning it off as I go. I also find it's harder to get pale blends, as I end up with too much ink on the sheet from dabbing off. I do think the Inkylicious brushes allow more control for a soft, paler blend, and I personally prefer working off scrap paper to get my sponging/blending done. Anyhow, thats my first few, I'm off to do a few more today, as I want some other colour blends, and I'm going to see how I get on using DI stains.



               



                                                                    

2 comments:

Shoshi said...

These are fantastic, Shaz! Really juicy. I agree with you about the degree of control you get with Ink Dusters. However, I hate wasting ink and always work off my non-stick craft sheet - but if you work off scratch paper, you can turn that into a background, too - and even have several so you can create different colour schemes! I adore spritzing the craft sheet and smooshing paper around in it and getting great backgrounds.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with these!

Shoshi

Aimeslee Winans said...

Shaz, thanks again for setting up the email subscription thingy. Got my notification and here I am! Heaven! OK, this is funny, I never heard of ink dusters or blending sheets. So I googled. And clicked on a discussion at Split Coast from 2014 where WHO do you think explained the sheets? YOU, lol. Love it! We have Judikins Color Dusters but they have wood handles and are not double-ended. Still, must accomplish same thing. I have a dozen of them and have used a few times, need to practice more with them. I, too, cannot get a favorite for applying/blending ink. Seems like there are little problems with all of them. Not one problem with your lovely backgrounds, though. I love all the colors! xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...