A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Friday 8 April 2016

Mistletoe & Holly Wreaths.

Tried a slightly different look with these two. After creating the wreath, a Sweet Poppy stencil, and sprinkling it with glitter, it was left to dry overnight.
To cut out the motif, I used the largest die from my Framelits Circles die set.
 With the Framelits,they cut right at the edge of the die, so to get a white matting layer, I just drew lightly around the outside of the die with a pencil, then cut out with scissors.
 After matting the black image sheet onto the white matt layer, I added a few half pearls as the mistletoe berries.
 The greeting is another peel-off, trimmed from a Merry Christmas border, as the space in the centre of the wreath is much smaller than on the Holly wreath.
 The whole thing was added onto a square card base.




The gold Holly wreath was created exactly the same way, adding some small red acrylic gems to form the berries. Another small peel off greeting- I'm determined I'm going to get them used up, lol.




For the other wreaths I'd made, I returned to a square shape.






This one was done on a glossy cardstock, and it's not the easiest thing to work with when using stencil paste. Again, a few berries from acrylic gems and a greeting in the centre.




Here, matted onto white, then black cardstock, and added to a white card base. This time the greeting is also layered using the same card combination,and mounted using foam pads, below the image.








Back to the Mistletoe wreath, and a return to the square format.

Supplies:
 Sweet Poppy Stencils: Holly Wreath & Mistletoe Wreath
Gold and pale green glitter
White and Gold Stencil paste.
Acrylic gems in red
 Half pearls in white.


1 comment:

Cara said...

Lovely cards. I particularly like the mistletoe wreath, stunning. Cara x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...