A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 1 August 2016

Glittered Baubles Christmas Card

These are the cards I was working on before I got sidetracked with the previous experiment.






A Sweet Poppy stencil,Holly Baubles is the starting point.










I used gold, silver and green glitter over the paste.




















At this point I remembered I had some Cosmic Shimmer sparkle embossing paste in a draw, from the supplies I had gifted to me recently. The one I tried out was called 'Warm Gold', but I thought when it dried it looked more coppery than gold.




Still a nice effect, but as I said in the other post, I thought a bit expensive.


Anyway, when all the pieces were dry, I took a stack of 6x6 white card blanks, from Craft UK Ltd, to matt them onto.



 I think I've mentioned this before, but don't place a great deal of reliability on the size shown on the wrapper. These actually measure 5 3/4" square, not 6". I'm guessing that is the envelope measurement, not the card.
As part of my Christmas backing paper stash bust, I also took some of this to cover the card fronts with.
 
Mainly this one, from Anita's, although a few sheets from some Papermania packs got used too.







Mostly trying to use ones that were not too busy.






The kraft trees paper was from a pack picked up in Hobbycrafts a while ago.






The far left paper is from a  pack by Kay and Co, from years ago, the right hand one from a Papermania one.






These are the Cosmic Shimmer Glitter paste ones.


All thats needed now is to add some acrylic flatback gems to the Holly berries.



 I didn't cover every berry, I tried that with the first one and it was too much, so I took some off.




In some cases, I've flipped the stencil over, so I have both left and right hand baubles.



All lay out for the gems to dry. Now all that's needed is a sentiment, and I'm still thinking about that one.

2 comments:

SandeeNC said...

wow, they are so pretty!!!!!

Cara said...

Very impressive! Isn't it frustrating when card blanks aren't the size they claim to be? Hunkdory's are expensive but they do measure the correct size. Cara x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...