A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Rubber Art Stamping & Card Making.
Thursday, 27 April 2017
Emboss Resist with Teasels & Dragonflies
The teasel cards have been worked with Brusho's, which was not Plan A.
I went off in a slightly different direction than I originally intended, sparked mainly by some inkpads I hadn't used in ages catching my eye.
They are a square inkpad with 4 shades on separate pads.
Not sure how well that shows up, but when you originally got them, they had plastic strips separating the pads, which you can replace after use, but I never bothered.
Anyway, cut to the chase. I remembered that when I bought them, they were being demoed very much like Distress Inkpads- on a craft mat & misted with water. So, fingers crossed they hadn't dried out- don't ask how many years ago I bought them, - I thought I'd try them out.
Tried out one called Shades of Sunset first, and pressed them onto my glass mat.
Quick mist with some water, and tried this first one on some scrap cardstock. I didn't want to waste the stamped images if they didn't work.
And to be fair, not a bad result. So that will go in my UFO box for another day!
This one used the Shades of Olive pad, and came out rather well.
Looks like this may go better than I hoped.😀
Swapped to Shades of Gold for the next one. Same every time, pressed onto the mat, then misted lightly.
Came out well, and dried out nicely. Two for two, so far.
This time I thought I'd try two pads together, so used Shades of Sunset again, and added Shades of Periwinkle.
I like this one, and the ink almost seemed to have a pearlescent sheen to it, but they are just plain dye based inks.
This time I used Shades of Gold, and added Shades of Caribbean.
Not too bad, but not my favourite, either.I think I should have used different colours as the image was heat embossed with a Dark green/black Embossing Powder called Midnight Emerald.
Never mind, onwards.
Shades of Sunset and Shades of Mauve combined for this one.
That worked well, especially as the Dragonfly was heat embossed in a dark blue EP.
Shades of Caribbean and Shades of Gold for this one.
And again, not too sure about this one. Don't know why, as I love green, but this one doesn't really grab me.
Now I thought I'd try something else, and sprinkled some Brusho's onto the craft mat, then spritzed. I used Emerald Green and Violet, and I think that was maybe a mistaken choice. The finished piece is quite dark.
Mind you, looking at it now, it's growing on me!
This one was done the more traditional way of sprinkling on the powders, then spritzing. I used Lemon, Yellow and Orange.
The white embossing does get covered with the colour, but a wipe over with a damp baby wipe, then polish off with some kitchen roll, and it cleans up nicely.
I'd done all the Dragonflies now, so swapped to the Teasels.
This one had Ultramarine sprinkled on, spritzed, dried, then a little more powder and spritz.
You can see the colour on the baby wipe from cleaning the image!
Yellow and Orange here then spritzed, and then added a few sprinklings of black,spritzed a bit more, then dried.
Last one now, Violet and Purple, with some small sprinklings of Grey.
This is still wet, and you can see how the colour sits on the heat embossed white image.
And here, dried, then cleaned up with a baby wipe over the image, then some paper towel to polish it up.